Fantasy Games is Hiring. We’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our staff. Updated Jan 28th, 2022
1) Webmaster- Fantasy Games is seeking a new team member to join our staff. The title of this position is Webmaster and will be a hybrid position consisting of various website and social media duties in addition to some retail counter work and other retail tasks. This is apart time position, working 20-30 hours per week. The ideal schedule is Mon-Fri noon-5pm, however we are flexible with both days and hours worked.
Webmaster duties. Updating blog pages via WordPress. This includes adding new content pages, updating the block positions, and changing banners and other images as needed.
Writing category and product descriptions
Adding items to shopping cart. We constantly receive new items, and these items must be added to our shopping carts. This is done either by webform or csv upload depending on the number of items to add.
Photos and other images. Take photos of new products, edit for size and to add any required text. Create update other cart images as needed. Shopping cart layouts: our Sites use CS cart. The Webmaster would update cart layouts via the CS cart block system as needed.
Fundamental understanding of WordPress and its block system.
Basic knowledge of Photoshop
Ability to work on tasks unsupervised and complete them on time. Rock solid commitment to improving skills through on-the-job training.
Useful but not required: knowledge of Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar
Knowledge of CCGs including Magic:TG and Pokemon
Knowledge of adobe Premier Pro video editing.
2) General Staff/Counter work. 1 position available. The position requires you to work the counter, ring up customers, check in orders, restock shelves, sort cards, restock card singles binders, light cleaning and maintenance. Picking, packing and shipping online orders. Staff will also participate in our social media efforts by promoting events on the various media channels. Additional tasks may be required on a case-by-case and day-to-day basis. Working the counter and serving customers is the core of what we do.
Useful Knowledge but not required: Experience with Magic: the Gathering Warhammer 40,000, Age of Sigmar, Pokemon TCG, Digimon and other CCGs
Experience using Word and Excel as well as Adobe Applications, Photoshop, InDesign, or Premier Pro are all helpful, but not required.
3) 3d modeler/CAD designer/draftsman. 2-3 positions available
Design and create a variety models in STL or DXF format.
STL files would be mostly buildings, Landscape and other terrain features for 3d printing and use with many different tabletop miniatures games.
DXF files used to laser cut mdf or birch plywood into model building kits and board game organizers.
These positions could be freelance contract work or an hourly employee. Details to be determined.
4) Content creation tech: 2 positions available
Write, shoot/direct scripted content for video production.
Requirements Availability on weekdays, nights and weekends. Ability to stay focused and complete tasks even with constant interruptions. Ability to work unsupervised and stay on task.
Adobe Applications, Photoshop, InDesign, or Premier Pro are pretty much a necessity for this position.
5) Blog and Article Writing. Several Positions available. Our content creation efforts are underway and we are seeking someone to write blog posts and articles for our various sites. we have multiple openings. Post would included new product previews, reviews as well as flavor style puff pieces when appropriate. Focus on informative content and SEO is required. Pay negotiable by the hour or per word is an option. This could also be a work from home position for the right person.
Write product reviews of new items that arrive in store. Including some photos. Write posts for various blogs. These posts would range from product reviews to new release announcements as well as event info and promotion. Use Photoshop to prepare images for related content. Update website messaging to ensure it the most current information available.
To apply, pick up an application in store.
Or use this Google Form: Google Form